Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's not you, it's me.

So I used to work for this marketing business that allowed me to stand in Sam's club and ask EVERY person who walked by "HEY did you see this?"   Well not everyone was interested so I received a TON of "No thanks" At first it didn't bother me, but then I started to take it personally.  "Why were they so aggressive" I thought "I'm only doing my job. Couldn't they at least buy one to be nice?"  But what about the person I approached? What were they thinking? "Oh crap, I really don't want this" or "I'm really in a hurry!" 

After being rejected in the store hour after hour I became really sensative to my wife's encouragement.  Little compliments built me up to feel like I could bench press a sumo wrestler.  It was interesting how 5 hours of rejections was over come by 5 minutes of praise from someone who truly matters to me. 

Encourage someone you like.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home